Vermont Housing and Conservation Coalition Legislative Day
Friday, February 9 2018
7:30 AM – 2:00 PM
The Vermont Housing and Conservation Coalition Legislative Day is the day for housing and conservation supporters to champion the projects and values supported by Vermont Housing & Conservation Board funding. Legislators need to hear from YOU – Vermonters doing the work on the ground – about how VHCB-funded projects are helping solve some of Vermont’s most pressing issues. Together, our partnership with VHCB fights homelessness, improves water quality, protects our irreplaceable natural heritage, creates affordable housing, supports downtown development, and promotes rural economic development, including on working farms and forests. Please join us at the State House on Friday, February 9 to deliver the message that it is important to continue funding VHCB. To help us plan for the day, please register by February 2 using the form at the bottom of this page.
Help VHCC Spread the Word
- Put a notice on your organization’s website
- Download the postcard to print and…
- mail to your members (remember to add return address and postage; feel free to add your logo)
- post on bulletin boards
- hand out to your colleagues, friends and family
- pass out at events
- Email your members, clients, board, staff and community supporters; ask them to register at www.vlt.org/vhcc
Subject to change.
7:30 am – Farmers’ Breakfast with legislators (Cafeteria)
8:30 am – Mini-training for participants: “How to be an effective citizen lobbyist” (Room 11)
9:00 am – Welcome and Meet with State Leaders (Room 11)
10:00 am – Legislative committee hearings
12:00 pm – Lunch meetings with your legislators
1:00 pm – Ice Cream Social
Visiting the Statehouse
To help you find your way to the statehouse here is a link to a map with routes and parking information. The Capital Shuttle is recommended when parking in distant parking lots. The Capital Shuttle travels via State Street, Memorial Drive/Dept. of Labor and National Life Drive, providing connections to and from the State House during the Legislative session. For a complete listing of service dates, please call (802) 223-7287.
Tips for being in the State House
- The building can be warm or cold – dress in layers for comfort.
- Lunch can be purchased in the Statehouse cafeteria.
- Although we will notify your legislator that you will be in the building, we encourage you to set up an individual or small group meeting with your legislators in advance. Visit legislature.vermont.gov for an easy-to-use guide to find your legislators.
Schedule a “Talking to Your Legislators” training for your group via conference call, webinar, or in-person. Contact email@example.com
If you’d like tips about what to expect when you come to the state house, what to expect when you’re talking to your legislator, or get any other questions answered, we are offering a conference call training session on February 2 from 4:00-4:30 PM. It’s simple to join in! Call (646) 749-3122 and use access code 216-927-317