We’re hiring a Vice President for Strategic Communications
At Vermont Land Trust (VLT), a nationally recognized leader in land conservation, we work to make our communities and working landscape vital, resilient, and connected. We protect the places that make Vermont special — farms, forests, parks, trails, rivers and more. This conserved landscape provides communities with local food, maple syrup, clean air and water, as well as opportunities for hiking, hunting, and deepening connections to the land – today and in the future.
As our new Vice President for Strategic Communications, you will work with staff members who value service, trust, communication, fairness, community, and learning and growth to:
Strengthen and Refresh the Vermont Land Trust Brand
- Design and lead projects to analyze, assess, and enhance the value of VLT’s brand.
- Align brand and messaging overall with VLT’s new strategic vision.
- Develop systems for ongoing feedback from key stakeholders on VLT brand awareness and position.
- Develop and lead implementation of a multi-year brand marketing strategy.
- Make the case for brand marketing in terms of financial and mission ROI.
Build Capacity to Engage Broader Audiences
- Assess strengths and leverage opportunities in VLT’s existing marketing and communications programs.
- Identify skills and systems investments needed to engage a broader and more diverse set of audiences.
- Strengthen the VLT value proposition with current core supporters and other key constituents.
- Work across teams to build strategies that engage broader audiences across all aspects of our work.
- Lead and collaborate with a diverse and talented Community Relations team.
- Manage a budget of ~$1Million, with expectations for growth in the near term.
- Participate in strategic, long-term organizational planning and decision-making as a member of the Leadership Team.
- Provide support and partnership to Board of Trustees on issues related to communications and brand.
You bring to the job:
- Proven marketing and/or communications and leadership experience and a demonstrated track record of success.
- Knowledge and familiarity with customer segmentation and multi-channel marketing.
- Experience managing a full range of digital marketing approaches, including social media and content marketing.
- Commitment to VLT’s mission and values.
- Intellectual curiosity and an orientation on outcomes.
Starting salary for this position at VLT is $86,658, plus a very competitive benefits package.
The full job description can be downloaded here (PDF).
How to apply:
Apply by June 14, 2019 by attaching your resume and cover letter in an email to email@example.com.
Target start: early September
VLT is an Equal Opportunity Employer