- This event has passed.
Tree ID for Beginner Naturalists
May 15, 10:00 am - 10:30 amFree
Curious about the outdoors? Get started by learning tips and tricks for identifying the most common trees in Vermont’s forests.
Join this free, family-friendly session via Zoom or Facebook Live. (More info below on how to join.)
Chittenden County Forester Ethan Tapper and VLT AmeriCorps Volunteer Katherine Hancock will lead you through this 20-minute tree identification and answer your questions. This webinar is designed for all generations of learners.
To access via Zoom:
- Before the event, download the Zoom app from zoom.us. You will not need to create a log in.
- Then, use the webinar link or meeting ID number (872 0764 6341) to open the webinar.
- Locate the Q&A and hand-raising functions (at the bottom of your screen) to send your questions to the presenters.
- You can also call into the webinar with your phone, but you will not be able to see the speakers and presentation without opening the Zoom app on your device. To call in for audio, dial: 1-301-715-8592.
As a participant, your screen will not be visible to the group. However, the webinar will be recorded; your name, questions, and/or voice may be included in the recording.
Visit our YouTube channel after the event to view and share the recording. Don’t forget to subscribe for more great content!
To access via Facebook:
- Head to our Facebook page for the start of the Tree ID event. The live stream will appear as a post near the top of our page; you will not have to log in to watch it.
- Log in to react and comment in real time, just like you would with other Facebook posts.
- If logged in, you can also type questions for the presenters in the comment box. They will either answer your questions during the event or follow up with a reply in the comment section. You must be logged into Facebook to do this.
- When the event is over, it will appear as a video post on our Facebook page. Use the “share” button at the bottom of the post to send it to your friends and family!
Please note that the webinar will be recorded; your first name and questions may be included in the recording.
Need help troubleshooting?
Please email Angie with questions and accommodation requests.
The Vermont Land Trust welcomes and affirms all people regardless of their age, culture, abilities, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, marital status, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status.