- This event has passed.
Managing Grasslands for Bird Habitat
May 18, 6:30 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Are you a Vermont landowner with open fields, pastures, or grasslands? Join VLT and Vermont Center for Ecostudies for an interactive program about grassland bird ecology and habitat management.
Grassland birds are undergoing the most drastic decline of any bird community in the continental United States. Being informed about grassland habitat management will help landowners with fields or pastures of 10 acres or more to become grassland bird conservationists. This virtual workshop is intended to be highly interactive, so please bring any and all questions you have about grassland birds and habitat management (specific to your own property) for discussion.
This program will be led by VCE’s Liza Morse and Kevin Tolan and VLT’s Pieter van Loon.
To access via Zoom:
- Click the orange “Registration” button on the right-hand side of this page. After you register, you’ll receive a Zoom link to in your inbox; use this link to access the webinar on the day of the event.
- Before the event, download the Zoom app from zoom.us. You will not need to create a log in.
- Then, use the meeting link or meeting ID number (found in your confirmation email) to open the webinar.
- Locate the chat and hand-raising functions (at the bottom of your screen) to send your questions to the presenters.
- You can also call into the webinar with your phone, but you will not be able to see the speakers and presentation without opening the Zoom app on your device.
The Zoom meeting will be recorded; your name, questions, and/or voice may be included in the recording.
Visit our YouTube channel after the event to view and share the recording. Don’t forget to subscribe for more great content!
The Vermont Land Trust welcomes and affirms all people regardless of their age, culture, abilities, ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, marital status, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status.