Chief Financial Officer
The Vermont Land Trust is a statewide, member-supported, nonprofit land conservation organization. Since 1977, the Vermont Land Trust has protected nearly 2,000 parcels of land covering more than 578,000 acres, or 10 percent of the state. This includes more than 900 working farms and farmland parcels, hundreds of thousands of acres of productive forestland, and numerous parcels of community lands. This conservation work changes the lives of families, invigorates farms, launches new businesses, maintains scenic vistas, encourages recreational opportunity, and fosters a renewed sense of community.
Our creative and successful team is looking for a financial management professional to join us in Montpelier, Vermont. The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will provide vision, leadership and structure to VLT’s business functions, to best support and facilitate our mission. The CFO will direct and oversee financial planning, operations staff, and HR programs. Reporting to the President, the CFO will support VLT’s Board of Trustees in monitoring VLT’s ongoing financial health, and risk management.
We aspire to bring an entrepreneurial approach to several programs and increase our strength in strategic financial management. If you possess the following qualifications, we are interested in hearing from you:
- MBA and five years of leadership experience in financial management of a company or nonprofit organization with annual revenues of $5 million or more.
- Excellent knowledge and ability in all aspects of business and financial planning and direct enterprise management. Excellent skill and experience in related strategic and analytical thinking.
- Excellent planning, organizational, administrative, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics financial management software preferred.
- Experience working with business partners such as auditors, banks, insurance companies, and benefit providers.
- Knowledge of and ability to maintain organizational compliance with pertinent public policy issues, labor laws, tax regulations, and other governmental requirements and guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, comprehensive and generous benefits, and a collaborative, casual and supportive work environment.
How to Apply
VLT has partnered with Gallagher, Flynn & Company to lead this search. Please send your letter of application and resume directly to Frank Sadowski. Please feel free to call Frank with any questions at (802) 651-7216.
The position will remain open until filled. VLT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.