Thanks to members’ support, we have protected forests, farms, shorelines, wildlife habitat, and public trails in virtually every corner of Vermont. Learn about what we've accomplished lately by visiting our news page.
With your help, we can continue protecting these special Vermont places. As a member, you will:
- Receive our publications, including our newsletter and beautiful annual report.
- Be able to attend events, including our annual celebration, farm tours, naturalist-led hikes, flower walks, and land stewardship workshops for free or at a discounted rate.
When you make a gift, your investment guarantees that open space and a working landscape will be part of Vermont’s way of life—forever.
Did you know? 90% of every dollar raised goes directly toward our work conserving land and an efficient 10% is used for administrative and fundraising expenses.
VLT is a 501(c)(3) and your gift is tax deductible.
Gifts of any size are welcome and appreciated.
Introductory Member: $35
Supporting Member: $50
Friend of Vermont: $250
How to make a gift
- Donate online using our secure giving page.
- Mail your check to: Vermont Land Trust, 8 Bailey Avenue, Montpelier, VT 05602. If you are a new member, download our mail-in gift form.
- If your employer matches your charitable contributions, be sure to include any matching gift information.
Sign up for a sustaining membership and make a monthly gift to VLT via your bank or your credit card. Often a donor is happy to make a larger annual gift when spread out in increments over time.
Looking for a unique, local gift for your friends or family? Why not give a gift membership to VLT for birthdays, holidays, or any special occasion?
Giving in Honor of Others
Honorary and Memorial Giving: Some members like to give in honor of a living or deceased person. If you do this, we will send notification to the recipient (or survivors) telling them that you have made a gift in their name.
Weddings: Are you getting married in lovely Vermont? Would you like to commemorate the occasion in a meaningful and personal way? Several soon-to-be-wed couples have chosen to include the Vermont Land Trust in their gift registry. A wedding couple may give a gift to VLT in honor of their guests, or may ask their guests to choose philanthropy as a gift to them.